- Examining Genetic and Environmental Effects on Social Aggression: A Study of 6-Year-Old Twins published in the July 2005 Child Development Magazine
- Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP)
- National Education Association on bullying
- Bullying at School, the SCRE Center at the University of Glasgow
- National Youth Violence Prevention Resource Center on bullying
- The Colorado Anti-Bullying Project
- YouthWork Links and Ideas on Bullying
- Safeguarding Your Children at School (National PTA)
- Anti Bullying Network
- Helpsite For Victims of Bullying
- Maine Project Against Bullying
- Bullying Among Children and Youth
- No Bully.org.nz (New Zealand site)
- Resources for Parents Dealing with Bullying
News Articles & Studies
Education Week (http://www.edweek.org) has published a variety of informative articles on bullying. Registered users can search their archives by keyword. Registration is free. A few suggested articles include:
- Two Studies Highlight Links Between Violence, Bullying by Students
- Bullying Policies Slow to Reach Schools
- At School, a Cruel Culture
Education World (http://www.education-world.com/) also has very informative articles on many topics. Some excellent articles on bullying include:
- When it comes to bullying, there are no boundaries
- Stop Bullying Before It Starts: School Administrator's Article
- Bully-proof Your School: School Administrator's Article
- Bullying Intervention Strategies That Work
- Sticks and Stones and Names Can Hurt You: De-Myth-tifying the Classroom Bully!
- Don't Get Even, Get Help: Support for Victims of Bullying
- Bullying Intervention Strategies that Work
- For School Administrator's: Stop Bullying Before It Starts
More Articles, Reports, Sites, & Studies
- Addressing the Problem of Juvenile Bullying: From OJJDP, this document
summarizes long- and short-term effects of bullying.
- Combating Fear and Restoring Safety in Schools
- Problem Oriented Guides for Police: Bullying in Schools
- Early Warning, Timely Response: A Guide to Safe Schools
- Safeguarding our Children: An Action Guide
- Threat Assessment in Schools: A Guide to Managing Threatening Situations
and to Creating Safe School Climates
- Preventing Bullying: A Manual for Schools and Communities describes
a comprehensive approach to bullying and includes curricula that may be used
as part of a school-wide program. This 18-page brochure is free and is available
from the U.S. Department of Education's Web site. From the home page,
select 'publications.' The publication number for this resource
is: EQ 0118B.
Web site: http://www.ed.gov
- The Final Report and Findings of the Safe School Initiative: Implications
for the Prevention of School Attacks in the United States
- An Interim Report on the Prevention of Targeted Violence in Schools
is a publication of the United States Secret Service National Threat Assessment
Center, in collaboration with the U.S. Department of Education.
- The California Department of Education provides an excellent list of resources
available on the topic of bullying, including a very informative report entitled
Bullying at School.
- Bullying is a publication from the National Youth Violence Prevention
- Bullying Prevention is Crime Prevention from Fight Crime: Invest in
- Addressing Bullying in Schools, a publication from the Safe Schools Center, Los Angeles, California, offers many tips for parents, teachers, administrators, and students, including resource lists and facts about bullying.
- You Can Beat Bullying: A Guide for Young People from Kidscape.org.uk http://www.kidscape.org.uk/assets/downloads/ksbeat
- Banning the Bullies an article from Salon.com
- Talking with Kids About Violence is a document written for parents
and is part of a national campaign called Talking With Kids About Tough Issues
by Children Now and the Kaiser Family Foundation.
- North Central Educational Service Community Buillying Resources
- Warning Signs is an online brochure from The American Psychological
Association that educates parents and youth about the warning signs for violence.
- Feeling Safe: What Girls Say is a study conducted by the Girl Scout
Research Institute, in conjunction with Harris Interactive, Inc.
- Annual Report on School Safety: 2000
- Annual Report on School Safety: 1999
- Annual Report on School Safety: 1998
http://www.ed.gov/pubs/AnnSchoolRept98/index.html or http://www.ed.gov/PDFDocs/schoolsafety.pdf