G W i R E D - Where Student Life Lives
Financial Aid for New Undergraduates
* * * * *

Financial Aid For Graduate Students


Most communications from the Office of Student Financial Assistance will be sent electronically to your University E-Mail account.  Please monitor this account regularly or enable your mail to be forwarded to another account to avoid missing important notifications regarding your financial aid status at the George Washington University.

The Office of Student Financial Assistance offers financial aid in the form of Federal Direct Stafford, Federal Direct Graduate PLUS, and private alternative loans to students who have been admitted to one of our graduate degree or approved graduate certificate programs. The information found in this section of the website provides a brief description of our loan programs as well as an overview of the process involved in applying for these types of loans.

Graduate students seeking Federal Work Study funds or merit aid, such as graduate fellowships and assistantships, should contact the Office of Graduate Student Assistantships and Fellowships.

The processing of aid for students enrolled in online education programs is based on current federal regulations. The cost of attendance for online students includes tuition, fees, books and supplies, and an allowance for required on campus experience (living expenses are not included).

Continuing students can view their personal financial aid and student account information, as well as other personal records, by visiting GWeb.

If you are a Law or Medical School student, please see your school's financial aid website for information on their loan application process.



* * * * *