The GW Career Center uses the GWork system to allow GW students and alumni exclusive access to their own personal employment management center: Over 70,000 GW students and alumni and more than 20,000 employing organizations are registered on GWork.
- Search and apply for full-time and part-time jobs and internships specifically posted for GW students and alumni. Positions include full-time, part-time, on-campus, off-campus, all GW Federal Work Study positions, paid and unpaid internships, temporary and short term positions aka Quick Bucks.
- Job Search Agents: Receive automatic notifications of new job postings that meet your preferences.
- On Campus Recruiting (OCR): Apply for positions through the OCR program and schedule on-campus interviews with various organizations.
- Career Center Programs & Events Calendar: RSVP to attend dozens of job and internship fairs, career development workshops, networking receptions, and employer information sessions.
- Resume Books: Appear in resume books generated for employers who seek candidates with your qualifications.
GWork is part of the NACElink Network - a collaboration between George Washington University, the National Association of Colleges & Employers (NACE), DirectEmployers and Symplicity.
Register or Log In:
All current degree-seeking students should have received a welcome email at their @gwmail.gwu.edu email address with a password and login information. Incoming first-year students will receive their passwords sometime in the summer prior to their first semester.
If you are a current student, you may enter your username and password in the login box at the top of this page. This will lead you to the GWork login page where you can access your profile or register for a new account. You can also go directly to the login page at gwork.gwu.edu.
If you are an alumna or alumnus, please go here for registration information.
If you have any problems logging onto GWork, please send an email to email@example.com.
Watch these "webshops" to get answers to your basic questions about GWork
How to Reset or Change an Existing Password
How to Add Job Offers/Hires to Your Profile
How to Upload Documents
Career Center Resources
Our consultants can help you with career development, employment advising, internship preparation, interviewing, and resume and cover letter preparation
Job Search Preparation
Build effective job search skills and enhance current employment and recruiting knowledge
Federal Work Study
A federally-funded financial aid program in which GW students earn pay working for on-campus departments and approved off-campus nonprofit organizations and government agencies
Cooperative Education (Co-op)
Gain experience in your field of study, get paid and receive academic notation
On Campus Recruiting
Interview with top employers recruiting at GW
Online workshops on resumes and cover letters, interviewing, networking, the job search & more
Programs and Events
Attend workshops, fairs and networking events to learn skills and meet employers
Tuition Assistance for GW Employees
Office of Graduate Students Assistantships & Fellowships